- REQUIRED 1st Sundays, Class Time: All high school students will meet on 1st Sunday evenings from 6 – 7:30 pm. Groupings will be by class: Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors. This will be an opportunity for teaching and small group discussions.
- REQUIRED 3rd Sundays, Mass Ministries & Large Group Time: On the 3rd Sundays, there will be Youth Mass in the morning at 11:30 am, where every student will have the opportunity to serve in a worship ministry. Then from 6 – 7:30 pm we will will come together as one BIG group (all grades together) typically with a guest speaker, more prayer time, music and time for personal reflection. This is in direct response to student feedback!
- LIFENITE: On Friday evenings from 9 – 11 pm, all high school students can come together in an informal way to chill, be themselves, and have some fun together. The purpose is to build community among our parish teens!
- FRESHMEN, SOPHOMORES and JUNIORS will use Ascension Press’ Chosen program. The program includes small group discussion, video presentations, and opportunities to apply each lesson to real world situations.
- JUNIORS will have greater focus on preparing for the day they receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. This includes working toward all sacramental requirements such as a letter to the bishop, selection of a saint name, etc.
- SENIORS are invited to all 3rd Sundays and to volunteer and help the catechist team in any of these classes!
SAVE! UPCOMING DATES
A finalized 2020/2021 calendar will be distributed prior to orientation. For now, mark your calendar with these dates:
August 31, 2020 — Registration deadline
September 6, 2020— Parent & Youth Orientation, 5 – 7:30 pm
October 4, 2020 — First Class/ Student Orientation, 6 pm
October 18, 2020 — All classes attend and participate in Mass, 11:30 am
October 18, 2020 — All students meet, 6 pm
November 13/14, 2020 — St. Anne Confirmation Retreat (required for sophomores and juniors)
Each class will have “leads” who will communicate with parents on a regular basis, plan the curriculum and service projects for their class, and most of all foster an open and comfortable environment for students to explore their faith.
St. Anne HS Discipleship & Confirmation Calendar 2020/2021
*Please note that the calendar includes a general overview as well as a schedule for each class: freshmen, sophomores, juniors.
Junior Lead (Confirmation):
Mary Mowry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rich Sosa: email@example.com