- REQUIRED 1st Sundays, Class Time: All high school students will meet on 1st Sunday evenings from 6 – 7:30 pm. Groupings will be by class: Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors. This will be an opportunity for teaching and small group discussions.
- REQUIRED 3rd Sundays, Mass Ministries & Large Group Time: On the 3rd Sundays, there will be Youth Mass in the morning at 11:30 am, where every student will have at the opportunity to serve in a worship ministry. Then from 6 – 7:30 pm we will will come together as one BIG group (all grades together) typically with a guest speaker, more prayer time, music and time for personal reflection. This is in direct response to student feedback!
- LIFENITE: On Friday evenings from 9 – 11 pm, all high school students can come together in an informal way to chill, be themselves, and have some fun together. The purpose is to build community among our parish teens!
- FRESHMEN, SOPHOMORES and JUNIORS will use Ascension Press’ Chosen program. The program includes small group discussion, video presentations, and opportunities to apply each lesson to real world situations.
- JUNIORS will have greater focus on preparing for the day they receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. This includes working toward all sacramental requirements such as a letter to the bishop, selection of a saint name, etc.
- SENIORS are invited to all 3rd Sundays and to volunteer and help the catechist team in any of these classes!
SAVE! UPCOMING DATES
A finalized 2020/2021 calendar will be distributed prior to orientation. For now, mark your calendar with these dates:
August 31, 2020 — Registration deadline
September 6, 2020— Parent & Youth Orientation, 5 – 7:30 pm
October 4, 2020 — First Class/ Student Orientation, 6 pm
October 18, 2020 — All classes attend and participate in Mass, 11:30 am
October 18, 2020 — All students meet, 6 pm
November 13/14, 2020 — St. Anne Retreat
Each class will have “leads” who will communicate with parents on a regular basis, plan the curriculum and service projects for their class, and most of all foster an open and comfortable environment for students to explore their faith.
Rich Sosa: firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Lead (Confirmation):
Mary Mowry: email@example.com