After receiving feedback from both students and parents, we have restructured our program, making it grade-specific and allowing for a smooth and seamless journey toward the Sacrament of Confirmation in Junior year.
- REQUIRED 1st Sundays, Class Time: All high school students will meet on the 1st Sunday evenings from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Groupings will be by class: Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors. This will be an opportunity for teaching and small group discussions.
- REQUIRED 3rd Sundays, Mass Ministries & Large Group Time: On the 3rd Sundays, there will be Youth Mass in the morning at 11:30 a.m., where every student will have at least two opportunities per year to serve in a worship ministry. Then at 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m., we will will come together as one BIG group (all grades together) typically with a guest speaker, more prayer time, more music and more time for personal reflection. This is in direct response to student feedback!
- SCHEDULED 2nd Service Sundays: All high school students will be scheduled to participate in at least two service projects per year!
- OPTIONAL 4th Sunday FunDay: All high school students can come together in an informal way to chill, be themselves, and have some fun together. The purpose is to build community among our parish teens!
- FRESHMAN will be using “Altaration: The Mass as Never Seen by Teens Before” program. This is a DVD/Discussion program, which will give freshmen greater understanding of the Mass and allow them to discuss with their peers.
- SOPHOMORES will continue to use Decision Point, the Confirmation Preparation program by Matthew Kelly, focused on select DVD sessions and small group discussion.
- JUNIORS will continue to use Decision Point as well, however, the focus will be on the DVDs geared toward specific topics on the Sacrament of Confirmation — creating greater focus for students to prepare for receiving the Sacrament at the end of the school year. Juniors will continue to work toward all sacramental requirements such as letter to the bishop, selection of Saint name, etc.
- SENIORS are invited to all 3rd Sundays and to volunteer and help with the catechist team in any of these classes!
Saturday, December 9, 2017 will serve as an all-day retreat for all grades. This retreat will feature well known and sought after speaker, Sarah Swafford and will be off-site. This retreat is required for sophomores and juniors.
SAVE! UPCOMING DATES
A full year calendar will be distributed prior to orientation. For now, mark your calendar with these dates:
August 31, 2017 — Registration deadline
September 10, 2017 — Parent/Student Orientation, 12:30 p.m. — 2:30 p.m.
September 17, 2017 — First Class
October 15, 2017 — First Youth Mass (Worship Ministries)
December 9, 2017 — Retreat
Each class will have “leads” who will communicate with parents on a regular basis, plan the curriculum and service projects for their class, and most of all foster an open and comfortable environment for students to explore their faith.