The St. Anne’s STARS is a social, service and spiritual ministry for mature adults. The STARS Ministry provides an opportunity to come together as a group and use our talents and experiences to support others and contribute to the needs of our parish community. We welcome men, women and couples over 50 years of age to join.
We meet the first Wednesday of every month at 11:30 AM at Baker’s Street (6208 Green Bay Rd. Kenosha, WI 53142) for lunch (Dutch Treat). At the lunch meeting we enjoy fellowship and discuss updates of last month’s activities and plan activities for the month ahead.
Members of STARS participate in the opportunities that they desire.
- Noon Mass 2nd Wednesday of the month is dedicated for STARS intentions
- Day trips to Churches and Religious Shrines
- Here to There: End of life discussion/prayer group that meets 9:30 am Fridays at Senior Apartments (9500 81st Street) in the Library
- Organized day trips to plays
- Book review club
- Movie groups
- Coffee Klatch that meets 3 pm Sundays at Dunk’n Donuts on 75th Street and 40th Ave Kenosha, WI
- Annual Christmas Party
- Help with Parish tasks as needed/requested
- Help out with Parish events as requested
- Host Hospitality 2nd Saturday of the month after 5:15 pm Mass
- Purchase and maintain Prayer Candles in the Sanctuary
- Care & Display of Altar Flowers
- Maintain Church Lending Library
- Fundraise and purchase specific items for church such as benches for Grotto. One fundraiser is an annual bake sale (held on Palm Sunday).
- Take part in international service projects